Recent Products on Noteable Expressions


See more personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Busy Weekend - full of Tech Toys and Great Sales!

This past weekend was wonderful and fun for my geeky family but ended up being all about the techy toys!

My dear hubby got his annual bonus from work and although the bulk of it going into the house for some improvements (a new deck to replace the old rotting one) - hubby decided he 'really' wanted a new toy. Before he and I met, he was livin' the good life - making a verynice salary with no obligations. For a nerdy guy that translates to lots and lots of techy toys - all of them the 'latest and greatest.' Well, fast forward 10 years and add in a family of four now, plus 3 dogs and other pets and there aren't nearly as many new and shiny toys around. Now, when we buy a new computer for instance - each one gets handed down to the next - usually from oldest to youngest (yes, we all have our own computers otherwise it would be pure anarchy!) So this time instead of a new computer, hubby decided he wanted an iPad. Well, after some shopping around he actually decided on the new Zoom through Verizon. It just spoke to his nerdy little heart with bigger and better processors and such. If I were a jealous woman I'd say I'd been replaced! lol He absolutely loves it!

Then our oldest who is in her first year of college put in a modest request (for her) for a netbook or laptop for school. She was even gracious about it - for once she didn't follow her Daddy's footsteps begging for the latest and greatest - instead just wanting a capable machine with portability. All she was really wanting was a way to go back and forth to school with her notes, papers, and such all in one place. So we did some more shopping around and found her a nice little laptop for a great price and now she is thrilled!

And finally, Mom. I have been drooling over the Cintiq 12wx since I first heard of it but could never really justify the price. In years past my Zazzling has been at most, a hobby. I love creating my artwork but had always been a hands-on, pen and paper kind of gal and the scanners I had were barely adequate for uploading for a POD environment. The quality just wasn't there. In this last year however, I've made huge leaps and bounds learning Photoshop and learning how to create completely on the computer so my quality is so much better than anything I'd ever been able to scan in! Recently, I've been thrilled with how successful my store has become and it is now the equivelent of me working a part-time job with no extra expenses! No after school daycare, no extra clothing, no extra gas, etc. So I've decided to invest in 'me' - a first! Last night, I took the plunge and ordered the Cintiq, The Cintiq is a powerful little tool that actually allows you to draw, sketch and paint directly on the tablet - no 'draw here - watch the monitor' coordination needed! I am SO excited! I can't wait for my new techy toy to arrive!

And who do I have to thank? You. All of my wonderful customers who have trusted me to help set the mood and tone for their upcoming events with invitations, announcements and other stationary goodies! So what were some hot sellers over the weekend? You can definitely tell Graduation is looming - lots and lots of Graduation Announcements were bought!

On its way to several towns in Texas, Colorado, and Nevada:

Grunge Border Photo Panel Graduation Announcement


This cool and stylish graduation announcement is a modern twist on a classic look. The background is a grunge look grey parchment with a black border. A large photo goes on the left side and on the right are 3 mini frames for smaller photos. Your text goes on the back. This ensemble has Invitations, Thank You cards, Return Address labels, Postage, Wine Labels (for sparkling juice), Binder, and a Poster perfect for getting those autographs!

Another popular design this weekend and on its way to Missouri is:

Grunge Pink Zebra Graduation Announcement


This graduation announcement is a modern funky design! The background is a black and white zebra pattern. There is a white band with a hot pink border and flowers. To the right side is a hot pink grunge border for your senior's picture. On the left is a white box with black and pink border. Alter the text and your graduate's announcement is all ready to go!

And in Weddings we had several vying for the top spot:

On their way to California are the:
Treasure by the Sea
The Treasures by the Sea Blue motif will be a refreshing, beach-themed addition to your wedding. An off-white background is the perfect backdrop for the blue starfish and shell pattern. Matching full ensamble for your wedding: Save the Date cards,Response Cards, Table Tents, Postage and more. If you would like this design but in a different color, please contact me via the link on the front page.

and finally last up for this morning, on its way to Washington:
Always Forever Orange Color Band Vine Scroll Invitations
Just as its name implies, my Always and Forever invitation style boasts a timeless feel of pure romance and is incredibly charming. Orange color band at the top is complimented with a white vine scroll and has a matching vine scroll at the bottom left. Matching Save the Date cards, Thank Yous, and many more options are available. If you do not see your color choice please contact me via the link on my front page.

Whew! What a weekend! I hope yours was just as wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Products on Notions by Nique


Make personalized gifts at Zazzle.